Hi,

I'm working on a UI proposal for the ccard's/properties window.
Firstly I want to make some things clear:
* this proposal gets rid of "inline" ccards, they were (imo) a nice
idea UI-wise to show the data but we have more data to show and we
should make it all a bit more clear and easier.
* this proposal mostly works like the way youness implemented the
ccards but tries to make the ccards more in a general "user properties
screen"

So, what do I propose:  When a buddy icon is clicked, a ccard pops up,
where it should pop up should be thought about as it is important
interface-wise.  A mockup for this ccard is in attachement.  This
ccard already shows a bit more data then WLM's; it shows the email
addres, a button to change notes, a button to change alarms, an
"advanced" button ....
like we have now in the properties screen, everything on this ccard
should have a right-click menu where one can choose "copy to
clipboard".  For the nickname, psm and display picture, there should
be a  "options" menu-item, clicking this opens another window where
onne can set custom DPs, or custom nicknames, custom color of a
nickname etc...

Clicking the advanced button makes the window in what I have in my
other mockup.  Firstly, it adds 3 "edit" buttons, one after nickname,
psm, and one hovered on a corner op the dp.  Clicking those buttons
does the same as rightclicking the items and choosing "options".
Another thing that happens when you click the "advanced" button (the
button should stay pressed then), is the window growing bigger.  The
window should then show firstly some extra data of the user, and then
allow for some other settings that are special for that user.  This
extra space will probably be a TK frame so it won't have that nice
background, but that's not such a problem.  I didn't add all options
on my mockup, but you can check our properties window now to see what
is needed.

Why do I propose this ?  Well, we have to much different ways to show
user data: I wanted to add inline spaces data (ok, my bad), we will
have ccards, we have a properties window and we have a tooltip... this
should be reduced imo.  I think the tooltip has too much information
right now.  It should have dp/nick/psm/music and not more I guess.

About this proposal, nick/psm are truncated but they should have a
tooltip with the full string.

My question now: what's your opinion about this ?  What would you like
differently ? ...

Karel.

PS: I don't have much time now but I did this as a spare time project
between my study-hours;  If I don't respond to e-mail quickly, it
doesn't mean I'm not interested in your replies thus.