My 0.02:

Karel Demeyer ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a UI proposal for the ccard's/properties window.
> Firstly I want to make some things clear:
> * this proposal gets rid of "inline" ccards, they were (imo) a nice
> idea UI-wise to show the data but we have more data to show and we
> should make it all a bit more clear and easier.
> * this proposal mostly works like the way youness implemented the
> ccards but tries to make the ccards more in a general "user properties
> screen"
>
> So, what do I propose:  When a buddy icon is clicked, a ccard pops up,
> where it should pop up should be thought about as it is important
> interface-wise.  A mockup for this ccard is in attachement.  This
> ccard already shows a bit more data then WLM's; it shows the email
> addres, a button to change notes, a button to change alarms, an
> "advanced" button ....
> like we have now in the properties screen, everything on this ccard
> should have a right-click menu where one can choose "copy to
> clipboard".  For the nickname, psm and display picture, there should
> be a  "options" menu-item, clicking this opens another window where
> onne can set custom DPs, or custom nicknames, custom color of a
> nickname etc...
>
> Clicking the advanced button makes the window in what I have in my
> other mockup.  Firstly, it adds 3 "edit" buttons, one after nickname,
> psm, and one hovered on a corner op the dp.  Clicking those buttons
> does the same as rightclicking the items and choosing "options".
> Another thing that happens when you click the "advanced" button (the
> button should stay pressed then), is the window growing bigger.  The
> window should then show firstly some extra data of the user, and then
> allow for some other settings that are special for that user.  This
> extra space will probably be a TK frame so it won't have that nice
> background, but that's not such a problem.  I didn't add all options
> on my mockup, but you can check our properties window now to see what
> is needed.

I don't think the contact card should be used to show advanced infos, or
to edit settings. I think it would be better to just have a
"preferences" button, in the left-bottom corner of the ccard, that would
open the user properties windows.
This way there would be fast access to the advanced info (they are in
the first tab), as well as *all* the user settings, instead of just few
of them.

> Why do I propose this ?  Well, we have to much different ways to show
> user data: I wanted to add inline spaces data (ok, my bad), we will
> have ccards, we have a properties window and we have a tooltip... this
> should be reduced imo.  I think the tooltip has too much information
> right now.  It should have dp/nick/psm/music and not more I guess.

I'd also add the contact status, because, when using the small display
pictures in place of the contact icon, it can be difficult to see if a
contact is online or offline.