Yes, this was also part of the original idea. If you look at the "Gift ideas"
page on the wiki, you'll see that there are 3 gift categories, one (or
maybe more) big gifts (pricy) for most deserving developers. Medium sized gifts
for those who deserve medium sized gifts, and small gifts for ideas.
In the original thread about this, the plan was to have a "Part of the team"
t-shirt given to forum power users/translators/IRC helpers, etc.. anyone
who has helped little or a lot the project.

KaKaRoTo