sorry for being unclear.. all I meant was that if we remove the group box
right now, then the image behind the group will look ugly because it
'expects' the body to be under it.. but in your saphire it doesn't, the left
and right sides don't have a rounded edge, the sides actually gradient into
white, so basically, just copy the group bg from saphire to the current
default and adapt its colors to fit the current default color scheme.
by the way, I added a pixmap yesterday, it's buthangup_mini.png it's the
'hangup' button that should go into voip controls during an audio call...
Thanks!
KaKaRoTo

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Gustavo A. Díaz <gustavo.d...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I will see what i can do.
> Btw, i didnt get the 2 point... what do you mean?
> As i said in the IRC, i've replaced 90% of group images by empty images and
> just using 3 of them just for the group name bg... so, you said that this
> can be replaced for a gradient?
> Anyways, when i did that i saw much more improvements in speed.
>
> Cheers.
>
> 2009/6/11 Youness Alaoui <kakar...@kakaroto.homelinux.net>
>
>> Thanks MontBlanc, but we (or I?) actually decided not to continue with the
>> minimalskin.. the only advantage of minimal skin is that it doesn't have the
>> boxes around groups, which are the cpu consuming ones...
>> but now with the svn, the skin can disable box drawing by a skin option,
>> so doing that for the current default skin would improve performance and
>> everyone's happy...
>> We were going to use saphire 2.5 from Gustavo, but he sent it to me, and I
>> tried it and... well..  the color scheme was way too 'bright', it hurts the
>> eyes... he doesn't really have time to adapt it to a lower tone of color, so
>> I guess we'll have to stick with the current default theme...
>> Gus, do you think you can at least adapt the current default skin to have
>> the small needed improvements :
>> 1 - remove the box around groups
>> 2 - change the group's bg pixmap to look like the one from saphire 2.5
>> (gradient on the side)
>> 3 - see if there's some missing pixmaps and add them...
>> Thanks,
>> KaKaRoTo
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 5:08 PM, Montblanc <toto...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everybody,
>>> I saw adding missing pixmaps to minimal skin was in todo list and I
>>> checked the recent updates on amsn-extras. There are still some
>>> pixmaps missing (SkinColor, aMSN Plus and Inkdraw buttons) so I
>>> decided to do the job. I took Dark Matter 4 ones and modified them
>>> according to Minimal pixmaps resolution and hover background. Since
>>> this is no original work, whether you choose to add it or not to svn
>>> is up to you.
>>> Here's the pixmaps list, a link to a snapshot and another to the tgz
>>> archive:
>>>
>>> amsnplusbutton_hover.png
>>> amsnplusbutton.png
>>> butdraw_hover.png