=> "ST" == Stephen Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
ST> The problem is that the month is written in German, and analog
ST> doesn't understand that.
... oops, I didn't even notice that =:-(
Perhaps because I'm German? =;-)

ST> When did Apache start doing this? Do you have any special module
ST> compiled in to make it happen? If it's vanilla Apache, I would
ST> regard it as a serious bug, because (i) it breaks the de facto
ST> standard (ii) there's no way that logfile analysers are going to
ST> be able to parse logfiles if they start occurring in hundreds of
ST> different languages.

This is no bug in Apache - the language was the trick!!! The
$LANG-value was set to "de_DE.ISO8859-1" and Apache only used the
current date-format from my shell, which was in German. Unsetting this
environment variable solved all problems, now Apache writes the
logfiles again in English!!!

Thousand thanks for your help, Stephen, I never would have found this
failure!!

Thanks again
Stefan
--
 Stefan Wimmer
 Compaq Computer GmbH        Online Services

            "El Tango me ha tocado."