You need to be careful about the terms you use here.

When I log in to the internet on my PC at home, I can dial in to one of
3 ISPs (it seemed like a good idea at the time). The IP address listed
in your log file will depend on which of the ISPs I'm currently logged
in to. As a dialup customer, my domain name is my ISPs domain name.

Whne I'm at work, any time I hit your site it will up in your log with
the IP address of my companies firewall. If 1,000 people at my company
visit your site, you might only register 10 or 20 hits, because our
proxy server will cache most of the requests. And evey one of the hit's
you do register will show the same IP address.

When I dial in from home, I might show up in your log files as
dialup77.POPa.ISP1.com or some.number.ISP2.net, or even
proxyserver.ISP3.org.

In theory, you could have 10 different hits from dialup77.POPa.ISP1.com,
over a period of a month and each of them would be from a different
customer of IPS1. By the same token, if I visit your site 10 times, I
will probably have a different IP address each time, even if I always
use ISP1.com.

Note the address for the 3rd example. Many ISPs are now accessing the
internet through a firewall that acts as a proxy server. Even though
they might have 1000s of customers, all accesses appear to come from 1
or 2 IP addresses.

Aengus