So what does this tell me
Host Report
-----------
Listing hosts with at least 100 requests, sorted alphabetically.

#reqs: %bytes: host
-----: ------: ----
  752:   100%: [not listed: 59 hosts]
Dave

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:03:45 +0100 (GMT)
Stephen Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Dave Reinhardt wrote:

> Jeremy said:
> >>Most ISPs (good ones) have a ten-to-one ratio of users and incoming
> lines (bad ones have even more users per line).
>
> Is the report then listing the name or IP#'s of the ISP rather than the
> domainName of the requesting Browser owner?

It's the IP of the computer which requested the file from you. This may be
a dynamically allocated IP for the user, or just a proxy server.

The typical home user doesn't have any permanent IP address at all.

Anyway, the IP of the computer which requested it from you is all you know.

--
Stephen Turner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

SeaPortNetHosting: Reliable Web Hosting
Plans from $17.95 www.yourname.com
http://www.SeaPortNet.com/
1(800)953-2400 fax/VM Ext 2
tel. 1(800)953-2400 fax/VM 1(209)551-0411