On 9/3/99 11:41 AM Pete Holsberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

>HOSTALIAS d??.mccc.edu dialup.mccc.xxx
>[ report any requests from d??.mccc.edu as if they had come from
>dialup.mccc.edu ]
>[ neither appears in the reports ]
>
>HOSTEXCLUDE tecoma
>[ do not count any requests from tecoma ]
>[ none appear in the report but they are counted in the time report ]

We need a little more information before it is possible to say exactly
what you should do. What are you trying to do and what is actualy in the
log file?

'HOSTEXCLUDE tecoma' is going to exclude any host named 'tecoma' but it
won't exclude 'dialup03.tecoma.com'. If 'd??.mccc.edu' doesn't appear in
the reports why would you expect 'HOSTALIAS d??.mccc.edu dialup.mccc.xxx'
to do anything?

Jason

[EMAIL PROTECTED]