"Horton, Jeffrey" wrote:

> I am trying to find some installation documentation for Analog on the
> OS/390 platform. I have downloaded
> the OS/390 tar file from
> http://www.s390.ibm.com/ftp/os390/oe/port/analog/readme.html, and it
> references
> documentation at
> http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/analog/docs/start.html.
> Unfortunately  there is no
> reference to OS/390 platform installation instructions on this page.
> Was looking for information on the
> steps required to install the product,  where the configuration files
> are located, permissions required, etc.

Installation on OS/390 should work like other programs you are used to.
The readme you mentioned above says the the tar file has a precompiled
binary. I would guess you just un-archive the tar file into whatever
directory you want to put it and start using it from there.

> If downloaded the tar file from the OS/390 page but cannot locate the
> analog.cfg file to start the
> Configuration.

You need to create your own probably. See the getting started section in
the analog docs for where to start

HTH,

--
Jeremy Wadsack