Moshe Linzer wrote:

> >When clients access directory
> >listings, the server logs multiple entries in the form of:
> >
> >/~nstarecs/functional_groups/sw_recs/HTML/
> >/~nstarecs/functional_groups/sw_recs/HTML/?N=A
> >/~nstarecs/functional_groups/sw_recs/HTML/?D=A
> >/~nstarecs/functional_groups/sw_recs/HTML/?S=A
> >
> >There are ALOT of entries like these, so it makes the report grow quite
> >large.  I would like to see and entry only for the main link, and not
> >for the ones with the parms.
> >
> >I tried using ARGSEXCLUDE /~nstarecs/* to eliminate them, but it had no
> >effect - I suspect that ARGSEXCLUDE does not take wildcards

Susan Alderman replied:

> Try using FILEALIAS - you can use that to fold all references to that
> directory to one listing.

FILEALIAS would work, but it shouldn't be necessary. ARGSEXCLUDE does take
wildcards, and seems to work for these when I try it. Are you sure there
isn't an ARGSINCLUDE later in your configuration file? Try running with
-settings or PRINTVARS ON and see what analog thinks it's doing.

--
Stephen Turner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England