Thanks for all the help.  It turns out the the link in the logfile
started with /%7enstarecs/, instead of the ~.  analog translated it to
~, but the config file needed to identify it as /*nstarecs/.  Now it
works.

I wish I could keep my web server from listing these in the logfile
altogether!

Thanks,

Moshe

>From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Fri Oct 15 10:50:14 1999
>Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:34:40 +0100 (GMT)
>From: Stephen Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [analog-help] excluding multiple entries for dir listings
>
>Moshe Linzer wrote:
>> >
>> >When clients access directory
>> >listings, the server logs multiple entries in the form of:
>> >
>> >/~nstarecs/functional_groups/sw_recs/HTML/
>> >/~nstarecs/functional_groups/sw_recs/HTML/?N=A
>> >/~nstarecs/functional_groups/sw_recs/HTML/?D=A
>> >/~nstarecs/functional_groups/sw_recs/HTML/?S=A
>> >
>> >There are ALOT of entries like these, so it makes the report grow quite
>> >large.  I would like to see and entry only for the main link, and not
>> >for the ones with the parms.
>> >
>> >I tried using ARGSEXCLUDE /~nstarecs/* to eliminate them, but it had no
>> >effect - I suspect that ARGSEXCLUDE does not take wildcards
>
>Susan Alderman replied:
>>
>> Try using FILEALIAS - you can use that to fold all references to that
>> directory to one listing.
>>

>FILEALIAS would work, but it shouldn't be necessary. ARGSEXCLUDE does take
>wildcards, and seems to work for these when I try it. Are you sure there
>isn't an ARGSINCLUDE later in your configuration file? Try running with
>-settings or PRINTVARS ON and see what analog thinks it's doing.
>
>--
>Stephen Turner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
>  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England
>  "Due to the conflict in Kosovo, we will not be showing the movie Wag the
>   Dog. Instead, we will show Mortal Kombat: Annihilation." Cable & Wireless

Moshe Linzer                     | Mastery of Unix offers real freedom.
Unix Systems Manager             | The price of freedom is always dear, but
National Semiconductor, Israel   | I'd rather pay for my freedom than live in
Phone: 972-9-970-2247            | a bitmapped, pop-up-happy dungeon like NT.
Fax: 972-9-970-2001              |
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]            |             - Thomas Scoville, Unix Review