On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, British Consulate Jerusalem wrote:

> As neither Steven nor anyone else seemed to have an answer to my problem
> (appearing below), I delved deeper. After splitting up the log files into
> several files all below 5 Meg and running analog on different combinations
> of them, I realised it wasn't anything in the logfiles that was causing the
> crash. So I turned on the debugging and found that the crash was at the
> point where analog opened the output file. That and the fact that the
> windows crash message also referred to a stack dump led me to think that it
> was some sort of memory problem. Sure enough, FILELOWMEM 1 cured the problem
> and we are now back on track. Perhaps I should have looked at the section in
> the manual on low memory a bit sooner!.

This is interesting, because I've just had another report of a crash
just when the output starts. I've managed to reproduce it on Win98, but
unfortunately, the same command doesn't crash under NT. As my compiler
and debugger are only on NT, this isn't very helpful.

--
Stephen Turner    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England