Stephen Turner wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Jeremy Wadsack wrote:
>
> > On some unix installations, with both 3.32 and 4.0, there is a file
> > created by analog called /var/log/analog.dns. This isn't the analog data
> > file, as that's specified and exisits elsewhere. This shouldn't be the
> > dns cache file, cuse that's given in the analhead.h as
> > ANALOGDIR/dnscache or something. This file is HUGE and filling up our
> > /var partition. What is it and how do I tell analog to store it
> > elsewhere?
> >

> I don't know what it is, but if you're using someone else's compiled
> version, for example a RedHat package, they might have put the DNS cache
> file anywhere. (Although /var/lib would make more sense IMO). Does it look
> like a DNS cache file?

I think so. Looks a lot like the DNSData file, that's being used daily.
Analog was compiled on the target system (A Cobalt Linux box) directly from
the source. Can you think of any reason Analog would create BOTH files? Where
in the source might this be. (It's stopped happening on the Analog 4.0 machine
-- I'll look into what happed on the day it stopped, but it's still changing
both files every day on the Analog 3.32 machine).

Thanks,

--
Jeremy Wadsack
Digital Media Consultant