Stephen Turner wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Clayton JS (John) wrote:
> > >From the command line I get the error message
> >
> > "Can't locate CGI.pm in @INC at anlgform.pl line 32
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at anlgform.pl line 32."
> >
> > this doesn't help me much. There is no CGI.pm, but I don't know where to get
> > it.
>
> I think these are included in the standard Perl distribution. Try
> downloading a new Perl from http://www.activestate.com/ActivePerl/

Yes, they are.

> You could get the missing modules from http://www.cpan.org/ but I think it's
> cleaner to download a fresh distribution or you may get in more trouble
> later.

For ActivePerl try ppm before you go through the CPAN method because (1) it
include precompiled binaries if they hae been made, and (2) you don't need a make
command:

To install a module (like CGI) from ppm just type, from the command line,
    ppm install CGI

You can also try VPM - which uses a web interface. This shipped with the last two
distributions of ActivePerl.

However, back to the point. Getting a fresh cop of ActivePerl is the best solution

HTH,

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group