>From the docs:

"I prefer to make a separate cache file from each logfile, in case something
goes wrong with one of them, rather than a single cache file combining
several logfiles, or a single cache file combining an old cache file and a
logfile."

To clarify, he's saying that for every access-log, referrer-log, and
agent-log, there should be a matching cache file? I know this what he
prefers, but I'm trying to work this out in my head and understand what he's
saying first.

Then he confuses me - how do you create a new cache file that contains an
old cache file and new data from a new cache file? Is he talking about
taking (for example): week1.cache, week2.cache, week3.cache, and week4.log
and combining them all into a month.cache and outputfromlog.html?

How does that happen? What do you need to do to do that?

It'd be nice if I could set something up where I'd have one master cache
file which has all the cache from day 0 which is read and appended to each
week as Analog writes the weekly reports. Is this possible? Is there
anything bad in doing this?

Kevin Hemenway
Total Net NH, LLC              EMAIL: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
15 Pleasant St., Suite 11      WEBSITE: <http://www.totalnetnh.net/>
Concord, NH 03301              PHONE: (603) 225-8422