On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Walter Vannini wrote:

> Hello,
> I happily use Analog 4.04 for the Mac. Boy, it's *fast*. And no, it does
> not want a lot of memory.
> I grind 1M lines in compressed logfiles in 2'45" on a 120MHz PPC.
>
> Only, it somehow refuses to not SUBOS. :(
> I have no SUBOS line in the .cfg.
> I do have OSFLOOR and SUBOSFLOOR, but then it's the same for SUBBROW, and I
> have no subitems in the Browser summary and report (which is what I want).
>
> Should I get more sleep, aka is there something pretty basic I should be
> reminded with a baseball bat?

Actually, no, you're quite right. SUBOS is included in the source code. (You
can delete it if you want: globals.c, line 1186).

I suppose it could be in the configuration file, but the syntax is
non-obvious, so I turned it on all the time. Or maybe I need some sort of
instruction with a cricket bat?

--
Stephen Turner               http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
  Statistical Laboratory, 16 Mill Lane, Cambridge CB2 1SB, England