Stephen Turner wrote:

> >  is there any (simple) way to make analog analyze sessions?
> > [...]
> > I like analog (using it for more then three
> > years) and I'd like to keep using it.
>
> Maybe it's time to read docs/webworks.html then.

Stephen, I read it, but I probably failed to ask clearly: I'm tracking
users by URL rewriting under modperl, so every single user gets its own
session id and I don't care about her turning cookies off and/or funny
caches/proxies/dynamic IPs etc (well, sort of, but the results still
correspond quite closely to the real visitors - if somebody comes twice
using its non-rewriten URL, I'd count her as two different users, but
the error is still rather small). This gives one more field for every
request - session id. If I log it in the custom log format under Apache,
can Analog do something usefull with it? If no, do you think the
necessary patch would be reasonably simple? The patch could be
reasonably general and so could be usefull to the people using cookies
for user tracking too (even if cookies have their own problems).

- Robert