Have you tried specifying the absolute path for the OUTFILE
(e.g., OUTFILE /web/docs/Web/Stats/admissions.html)?

The page entitled "What was new in version 3?" available at
"http://www.analog.cx/docs/wasnew3.html" will probably be
helpful in jumping from 2.11 to 3.31.  But, you might want to
ask your ISP about upgrading to the latest version (4.13).

-- Duke Hillard, Webmaster, UL Lafayette

Chris Geake wrote:

> I am trying to configure analog to generate a computer output file to
> the server (report.dat) to use with report magic to display graphs and
> charts to print.
> I have added the following lines to the config file to no avail;
>
> OUTPUT COMPUTER
> OUTFILE report.dat
>
> I don't see the file in the ftp directory, I would like this in the same
> directory as analog and analog2.cfg is there something obvious that I am
> doing wrong, I would really appreciate some help, I have spent nearly
> all day on this! the ISP (webfusion) has 'pre-configured' analog to
> work, which it does fine but it will only display as html page, can I
> convert this info to computer output?
> Is the config file the same for all versions? the server is running
> ananlog 3.31, Unix, but the config file says 'Configuration file for
> analog 2.1'
> I appreciate all help.
> Many Thanks.
> Chris Geake

begin:vcard
n:Hillard;Duke
tel;work:337-482-5763
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.louisiana.edu/
org:University of Louisiana at Lafayette;University Computing Support Services
adr:;;P.O. Box 42770;Lafayette;LA;70504-2770;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Computing Resources Coordinator
fn:Duke Hillard