On 12/15/00 4:36 PM alan ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

>I already read the FAQ and the document on how you cannot obtain an
>accurate number of
>visitors.  I know that other log analyzers offer this data, and I know
>that this number is
>bogus and meaningless, BUT I still need this number. So unless I use the
>User Report there is
>no other way of getting Analog to give me this number??

If you really must have a number you can use the number of Unique Hosts
as reported in the general section of the report. To do this for various
time periods you would have to run Analog once for each time period.

This isn't exactly the number you asked for but given that everything is
approximate/inaccurate, this is about as good as what you will get by
other means. In my experience visits is about 1.3 times unique hosts for
a "typical" web site, but the kind of content and character of your
visitors can affect the numbers dramatically. To say nothing of the
fundamental inability to determine these numbers accurately because of
the lack of an exact correspondence between computers and people.

Of course you could always use one of those other programs that give
specific numbers, mine for example <http://summary.net/>, 30 day free
demo. It doesn't make the numbers be correct, but it is alot less work.

Jason

[EMAIL PROTECTED]