On 4/27/01 2:53 PM Jeremy Wadsack ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

>2] You can't get a visitor's email address unless they explicitly give
>it to you (thankfully).

Not true, unfortunatly. There is a security hole in most browsers, still
not fixed by default but possible to disable, that allows Javascript code
to e-mail the e-mail address. The approach isn't that complex, but it
does require matcing up the e-mails with the original visitors. The
e-mail address does not appear in the logs, it arrives as the from
address of e-mails sent silently by the web page.

<http://www.siteguest.com/> offers it as a service.

I suggest you may want to remove your e-mail address from your browser
configuration.

Jason

[EMAIL PROTECTED]