Ok, I'll try,
thank you very much.

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]Per conto di Jeremy Wadsack
Inviato: Monday, June 04, 2001 8:26 PM
A: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Oggetto: Re: [analog-help] Memory Problems

Bruna Calandrini ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> First of all the scenario:
> I'm running about 20 parallel processes of Analog.01 whithin a program in
> MS-VB 6.0 and I have many problems of memory. The problems were the same
> when a PERL script was doing the same.
> The computer on which the program is running is very well hardwared and
the
> system is Windows2000 Advanced Server SP2.

> Well, now I think that the main problems can derive by the number of log
> files processed. The program is processing the statistics of about 300
sites
> and the largest period of the analysis is one month, but in the same
> directories resides all the logs of this year in zip format.
> The LOGFILE directive is *.ZIP and I noticed that Analog opens the files
> explore the logs period.

> I'd like to know if Analog keeps opened all the files processed or if it
has
> some optimized method of open and close files. A think I'll restrict the
> number of logs in the LOGFILE directive, but there is someone who can give
> me another good advice ?

You can limit the logfile processing with Analog's cache file feature.
See docs/cache.html for details.

If you are running out of memory see the *LOWMEM command in
docs/lowmem.html.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group