I'm running out of memory when doing reports for a month's work of
data.  I'm using Analog 5.02 on a freebsd 4.1 system with 256MB of RAM, and
have about 121MB free when I run Analog, and am not going into swap.

My log file for June has 5,363,768 lines in 1GB of file space.  My log file
format is similar to the combined format, except the second field is the
virtual host name.

LOGFORMAT (%S %v %u [%d/%M/%Y:%h:%n:%j] "%j%w%r%wHTTP%j" %c %b "%f" "%B")

We have about 980 virtual hosts, and vhost reporting is imprtant, so I
can't cut it out.

LOMEM settings are:
   virtual hosts: 2
   files: 2
   users: 3
   referrers: 2
   browsers: 2
   hosts: 2

When I run Analog I note progress, and it gets through all the lines, then
exits with:

analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Redirection Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Internal Search Query Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Internal Search Word Report
analog: Warning R: Turning off empty Processing Time Report
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I have DNS NONE in effect (although settings says "DNS lookups included",
which is a bit confusing).

When the HTML is generated, it abruptly stops about 60% through the vhosts
report.

Reports are generated OK if I limit the log file to the first two weeks of
the report.

Any suggestions?

thanks!