On Wed, 3 Oct 2001, Janek Savik wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm maintaining a XML-based website and having trouble with Request report.
> I need to count requests with specific so-called 'event_id', which is given
> to 'index.php' script as a parameter. Problem is, that there are also other
> parameters, like session_id, menu_id, and so on, and Analog, of cource,
> separates them if they don't match exactly. Question is, can I somehow count
> together in Request report:
>
> /index.php?session_id=98372398&event_id=7&menu_id=23
> /index.php?session_id=09809899&event_id=7&document_id=2
> /index.php?session_id=39287498&event_id=7
>
> or should I edit the log file manually before processing it with Analog and
> remove unnecessary parameters?
> Or maybe there is some another solution?

You could use FILEALIAS to remove the bits you don't want to see. Or
alternatively you could just get a list of all the event_id's in the
Internal Search Word Report, if you use the INTSEARCHENGINE command.

--
Stephen Turner     Cambridge, UK        http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01