From: "Ian Henghes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I cannot get Analog to run any report on my log  files. I think the
> issue must be to do with the format. The files are being generated
> by Microsoft IIS 5.0 My logfiles entries are classified as:

Analog has recognized IIS 5 logs automatically since version 4.11 - you
don't need a LOGFORMAT

>  #Fields: time c-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query sc-status
> sc-bytes cs-bytes time-taken cs-version cs(User-Agent) cs(Referer)
>
>  A typical line from my log files looks like:
>
>  00:03:46 63.25.135.232 GET /Default.asp - 200 0 367 5219 HTTP/1.1
> Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+5.5;+Windows+98;+Win+9x+4.90)
> <http://dir.yahoo.com/Arts/Humanities/History/

Ananlog generates a very explicit explanation of why it won't parse that
line:
analog: Warning C: Ignoring corrupt format line in logfile
analog: ...cont..:   (reason: time without date or vice versa)

Analog won't assume the Date from the #Date: header - you must log the
date on each line of the log file. There are a couple of scripts on the
helper page that you can use to add the date back in to old logs.

Aengus