On Wed, 1 May 2002, Andy McKenna wrote:

> Hello Stephen
>
> I thought I'd take the time to write you to let you know of my two major
> experiences of Analog.

Thanks for your mail, Andy. I waited a few days to reply because I wanted to
have time to reply properly.

I do take usability seriously. My main problem is that I have a very wide
range of users, and usability for home users, say, is sometimes in tension
with usability for ISPs' system administrators.

Having said which, analog should work out of the box on almost any platform.
On Mac or Windows, it will produce a report from its sample logfile if you
double-click the analog icon. To get a report from your own logfile, you
just need to change the LOGFILE command in the analog.cfg file -- or if
you're on Mac, which I guess you are, it's even easier: just drag the
logfile onto the analog icon.

If you have specific questions about things which aren't working, you can
mail this mailing list. Or there is a list of companies which can provide
commercial support at http://www.analog.cx/support.html

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01