[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]; Tuesday, June 18, 2002 2:01
AM):

> Hello,

> I am currenlty trying to use Analog to analyse WAP Gateway traffic. I think I
> have got the LOGFORMAT correct, but now want to streamline the information
> outputted.
> (See attached file: analog-wapcell.cfg)(See attached file: log_samples.txt)

> (1)  I need to know what the total usage on the is gateway and what sites are
> being visited (upto the first / is enough detail), but also need detailed usage
> for some 50 specific sites (which are hosted or linked to from our wap menu) Can
> you suggest the best way to tackle this using analog.
> (Orange.multimedia, games-dev and orange-today are site I would like to see all
> pages requested, whereas  eurobet and google are ones I just need to know the
> number of page impressions) - would it be a good idea to run a seperate config
> file for each of the specific 50 sites we host or link to? Can this be
> automated?

If you want a request report for each of the 50 sites, then you will
need to run Analog at least 50 times to generate those reports. A
separate config file might be good, or you could just use the
command-line parameters to change the few you need to change.

Command-line stuff can be automated with a script. If you want to pull
information from one report to make another, you should consider using
Perl or something.

The Directory report will give you the details on the sites' usage.
the General Summary and time reports will tell you over-all usage.

REQEXCLUDE http://server-uk.imrworldwide.com/*

> (3)  The general size of the output file means that it would be better to export
> the information into a database - can this be done?

Use "OUTPUT COMPUTER" and import into a database as CSV. See
http://www.analog.cx/docs/compout.html for details.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group