On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Stephen Turner wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Clean Air Solutions wrote:
>
> > Months ago my log provider began spelling out the month in the date.  The
> > month of May works... because it has 3 letters.  What can I do to get analog
> > to accept these logs.  They come zipped and we use gzip.
> >

> Analog won't read them, unless you edit the source code. You can pre-process
> the logs with another tiny program first, of course. And tell your service
> provider to use a standard log format.

I realised later that this isn't true. Analog will read them, if you define
your own LOGFORMAT. For example, if you have the date
  01/September/2002
you can use the format
  %d/%M%j/%Y
(The %j tells analog to ignore the end of the month name).

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01