From: Clean Air Solutions [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 11:45 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [analog-help] Month spelled out in date

I have given it a good try but have been unable to get my own log format to
work.  The month of may works with auto detect and provides all kinds of
great info about search words used and such.  Will a logformat line still
provide all the same info when proper?  I have been unable to get any of the
logformats in the readme.doc to work on May or any of the logs that have 3
letter months which should work without the %M%j in the date.

A few lines from a auto detectable log file:

216.35.116.112 www.cleanairsolutions.net - [02/May/2002:03:54:03 -0600] "GET
/ HTTP/1.0" 200 16432 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Slurp/cat; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
http://www.inktomi.com/slurp.html)"
152.163.189.103 www.cleanairsolutions.net - [02/May/2002:03:57:01 -0600]
"GET / HTTP/1.0" 200 16432 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; AOL 5.0;
Windows 98; DigExt)"
65.214.36.159 www.cleanairsolutions.net - [02/May/2002:08:21:28 -0600] "GET
/ HTTP/1.0" 200 16432 "-" "Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; Ask Jeeves)"
65.214.36.159 www.cleanairsolutions.net - [02/May/2002:08:31:20 -0600] "GET
/products.htm HTTP/1.0" 200 15618 "-" "Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; Ask Jeeves)"
65.214.36.159 www.cleanairsolutions.net - [02/May/2002:08:38:26 -0600] "GET
/page5.htm HTTP/1.0" 200 9357 "-" "Mozilla/2.0 (compatible; Ask Jeeves)"

A little help with the logformat line that would also handle spelled months
please.

On the logs that are working this program is great. We haven't even started
with all the cool features that will hopefully let us understand our
visitors. All of the recent good data is in the bogus format.

Thanks