From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Robin
Sent: 09 September 2002 05:41
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [analog-help] Should i give up?

Hello,

I am probably one of those that people such as yourself (those with computer wisdom) despise.  I only use windows 98 and am heavily reliant on buttons and functions that happen automatically.  But in this hour of need i ask that you disregard intellectual differences and remember our shared humanity.  I learnt how to write html 3 week ago but already have a web site up (i only use Notepad to author my site, perhaps that could be seen as an act of redemption?!?)

I have downloaded analog 5.24 and have been trying for many hours to get it to work.  I have attempted to configure, reread pages of the Read Me files and FAQ but alas i just can't get it to work.  There seems to be no simple way of implementing this program.  I think i get lost around the logfiles area ie  the logfile is  meant to be stored locally, but how do i get this service online, do i only need one logfile, do i create them, what files do i need to upload to my server?  I could go on.  I guess my predicament is clear.  Is analog too wild a beast to tame for someone like me.  After hours of struggle, concentration and sore eyeballs, do i give up and remove the program.  I would love to have it operational on my site, and be able to tell others about it, it seems like an amazing package but i fear i contain not the stuff that will make it work.

Any response would be much appreciated,

robin.