We have a set of analog config files named /home/webmgr/webstats/analog.*.cfg
Each includes analog.common.cfg, which is not run by the script.
We have a crontab entry:

30 21 * * 0 /home/webmgr/webstats/webstats-analog.sh

which runs this script each Sunday evening (day 0) at 21:30:

/home/webmgr/webstats>cat webstats-analog.sh
#! /usr/bin/bash

CONFIGDIR="/home/webmgr/webstats"

for cfg in `ls $CONFIGDIR/analog.*.cfg`
do
        if [ $cfg != "$CONFIGDIR/analog.common.cfg" ]
        then
                echo "Starting $cfg at `date`."
                /opt/analog/analog -G +g$cfg
                echo "Exit Status: $?"
        fi
done

Adrian

At 08:40 AM 10/3/02 -0700, you wrote:

>Does anyone have an example of how they setup analog as a cron job and
>how frequently they do updates ...
>
>Rowan Reid
>Job Captain,
>Systems Administrator
>STUDIO 3 ARCHITECTS
>909  982  1717

>|    http://www.mail-archive.com/analog-help@lists.isite.net/
>|    http://lists.isite.net/listgate/analog-help/archives/
>|    http://www.tallylist.com/archives/index.cfm/mlist.7
>+------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian Dolling, Systems Consultant
Public Library Services Branch
Ministry of Community, Aboriginal and Women's Services
PO Box 9490 Stn Prov Govt (mailing address)
Victoria BC  V8W 9N7

800 Johnson St, Victoria, BC (street address)
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mcaws.gov.bc.ca/LGD/public_libraries/
Tel: 250-387-4043 or 1-800-663-7051
FAX: 250-953-3225