I run 2 scripts from cron for analog.

The first

30 1 * * * /usr/analog/analogdaily.ksh

analogdaily.ksh contains

cp /usr/analog/cfg/Webaccess7.cfg /usr/analog/analog.cfg
/usr/analog/analog
cp /usr/analog/cfg/Webaccess8.cfg /usr/analog/analog.cfg
/usr/analog/analog
rm /usr/analog/analog.cfg

This on runs at 1.30am every day, produces 2 'rolling week' reports.

The second

0 2 * * 6 /usr/analog/analog.ksh

analog.ksh contains

/usr/dnstran/dnstran.ksh
cp /usr/analog/cfg/Webaccess1.cfg /usr/analog/analog.cfg
/usr/analog/analog
cp /usr/analog/cfg/Webaccess2.cfg /usr/analog/analog.cfg
/usr/analog/analog
cp /usr/analog/cfg/Webaccess3.cfg /usr/analog/analog.cfg
/usr/analog/analog
cp /usr/analog/cfg/Webaccess4.cfg /usr/analog/analog.cfg
/usr/analog/analog
cp /usr/analog/cfg/Webaccess5.cfg /usr/analog/analog.cfg
/usr/analog/analog
cp /usr/analog/cfg/Webaccess6.cfg /usr/analog/analog.cfg
/usr/analog/analog
rm /usr/analog/analog.cfg

This one runs at 2.00am every saturday.  A bit more substanial as it runs
the full/yearly/monthly reports as well as updating the dns cache file (no
need for every day).

For information analog is running on a Solaris 8/Apache server.

Before anyone points it out - yes I could use the command line parameters
and/or use a fancy if statement, but this works and will do for the moment.

Rgds

Alan Wright
I.T. Support Technician
Centre for Psychological Research in Health and Cognition
School of Health & Community Studies
University of Derby, Mickleover Campus
Derby, DE3 5GX

http://ibs.derby.ac.uk/psychology/