From: Stephen Turner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 07 October 2002 10:45
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [analog-help] Clickthroughs from website link

On Mon, 7 Oct 2002, Georgina Appleton wrote:

> Hi
> >
> > I need to calculate the number of clickthroughs
> > from a link on my website to a partner site.  How do I get that
> > information from Analog?

Hi Georgina.

Short answer: try turning on the Redirection Report with the command
  REDIR ON

Long answer: It depends how the clickthroughs are set up on your site.

If the banner ad just links straight out of your site, you never see the
request to the next site, so you can't count them.

But as you're from a high-profile company I assume you've done the "right"
thing, and the banner ad links to a gateway file on your site which
immediately redirects the user to the external site. This gateway file will
then show up in the logfiles and you can count it. But most likely it has a
301 or 302 "Redirect" status code in the logfiles. In that case, it will
appear in the analog's Redirection Report, not the Request Report.

Hope that helps.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
"This is Henman's 8th Wimbledon, and he's only lost 7 matches." BBC, 2/Jul/01

This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended only for the recipient(s) named
above.
It may contain confidential or privileged information and should not be read, copied
or otherwise used by any other person.
If you are not a named recipient, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail from
your system.

Intellectual Property:  The easyGroup of companies has built up a significant
reputation in the name "easy" and has a number of trademark applications and
registrations in many countries.
easyGroup cannot permit others to use the "easy" name without the group's rights being
prejudiced.
It follows that no use should be made of the name "easy" (or anything similar to it)
without our consent.