Attached are two files, a sample test.log file with 4 requests and a
small configuration file for V5.24

With this simple configuration I was able to get the FILEALIAS command
to work.

But, something else is surprising.  As you can see I have 4 requests
logged in the file.  Only 2 show up whether FILEALIAS appears or not.

Strange?

Antonio C. Silvestri
Professor of Computer Science / Webmaster
Springfield Technical Community College
1 Armory Square
Springfield, MA  01105
(413) 755-4689
(413) 755-5155 FAX

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Tony Silvestri wrote:

> Sorry for not responding quickly to your suggestions and help.  I've
> been having problems connecting to this list serve.
>
> > . What "doesn't work" about it?
>
> Despite the Command:
>
> FILEALIAS /whatsnew/pressreleases/june00/*
> /whatsnew/pressreleases/jun00/*
>
> I still get two entries in my Request Report, one for
>
> /whatsnew/pressreleases/june00/*
>
> and one for
>
> /whatsnew/pressreleases/jun00/*
>
> Shouldn't the FILEALIAS produce only one entry namely,
>
> /whatsnew/pressreleases/jun00/*

Yes, unless there's another alias which maps to june00.

If that doesn't explain it, can you produce a tiny logfile to illustrate
the
problem?

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK