Isamar Maia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was using a Unix BASH script done by myself to generate simple page
> views email reports to my manager. After installing analog I perceive
> some difference between their results. My server is an IIS4 and I'm
> uploading the files to my Linux box using ftp.
> To count my main page's page views, I'm using the following grep line:
>
> RESULT=`grep "GET /index.cfm" $LOGFILE |grep -v $EXCLUDEHOST |wc -l`
> echo $RESULT
>
> ANalog is ever showing more occurences than my bash script. Around 10%
> more.

IIS isn't case sensitive, so Analog will count a request in an IIS
logfile for INDEX.CFM and a request for index.cfm as the same thing,
while your grep will obviously not count requests for INDEX.CFM.

Most of the other obvious reasons for differences (such as different
status codes) would tend to decrease, rather than increase the analog
result.

Aengus