Isamar Maia wrote:

> > Some possible causes:
> >
> > * Different exclusion lists in your grep line and the analog configuration
> No. Not the case.
>
> > * Invalid log records which are ignored by analog
> Ok.. probably.
>
> > * Requests starting with index.cfm, for example GET /index.cfm/parameter --
> >   these are requests for a different resource for analog but would be counted
> >   in your grep line
> >   Try echo `grep -c 'GET /index\.cfm HTTP' $LOGFILE` instead
>
> I did that and helped too much. BUt I used
> grep -c "GET /index.cfm -" $LOGFILE"
>
> Know I have only a diffrence number of 25, what is only 2% of error, after
> using fgrep -i and your suggestion.

If you want the find the remaining 2% delta, try this:

1. grep -i "GET /index.cfm " $LOGFILE >extracted; wc -l extracted
2. Run analog against the "extracted" log file with warnings enabled

analog will tell you which records were dropped because of format
issues.

With a small subset you should be able to identify which records cause
the difference in results (2% is not a lot but still more than you
probably want to just accept).

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]