Jimmy Daresta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Doh! I should have read the whats new more closely. Well, my next
> question would be this the gzip.exe can unzip .zip files or those
> that were zipped with say winzip. Can 5.30 read them also? In other
> words, is there a specific gzip format that it has to be.

gzip creates .gz files. They aren't compatible with .zip files (as
produced by info-zip, pkzip, WinZip etc). For example, a gzipped archive
only contains a single file, and the name and timestamp of the archive
are the name and timestamp of the original file. A zipped archive can
contain multiple files, and includes an index that records the name,
size, location, timestamp and a checksum for each file.

> Or if I
> rename the files with .gz will 5.30 open them no problem? Going to
> try and experiment with that now. Thanks.

No, it has to be a "real" .gz file (unfortunately).