Per Jessen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]; Monday, January 06, 2003 4:21 PM):

> On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:45:07 +0000 (GMT), Stephen Turner wrote:

>>Anyway, what's wrong with HTML 2.0 (with CSS)?

> Nothing really - I was merely looking at some improvements, and found
> HTML2.0 to be a bit of a straight-jacket :-)

> If I were to replace HTML 2.0 with XHTML 1.1, would anyone really have
> a problem ? ie. would it prevent anyone from upgrading to a release with
> only XHTML output ?

FWIW, I chose XHTML as the default output of Report Magic 2.0 in 2000
and, while it supports HTML 3.2, I have not heard of anyone using it.
At this point most web designers I know use XHTML and CSS. Look at any
web browser stats and you will see that most are version 5, 6 or 7 of
major browsers.

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group