> > Using ARGSEXCLUDE /* I still get:
> >
> >  1825:  0.13%: 28/Dec/02 18:59: /visitors.html
> >   219:  0.01%: 26/Dec/02 08:44:  /visitors.html?view=printable
> >
> Both of these should work, and indeed do work for me. Check the output
> of analog --settings (or with SETTINGS ON in the config file) to see
> what analog thinks it's doing.

--settings gives the output below. I can't see why the above isn't
excluding ?view=printable:

[sorry what follows is long; I've snipped out bits such as the lists of
search engines which are clearly not relevant]

[I should also add that the warnings at "Reading cache files" and "Reading
logfiles" are because the analog process can't access the log files unless
run as root - but the output above from is what is generated nightly, at
http://www.camcycle.org.uk/about/website/statistics/ using the same config
file]

./analog +g/home/sites/site14/programs/analog-5.1/analog.cfg

This is analog version 5.1/Unix
For more information on analog see docs/Readme.html or
http://www.analog.cx/

Compile-time optional code:
  Pie chart code included
  Pipes included
  DNS lookup code included
  DNS timeouts possible
  POSIX.2 globbing included
  Using open() function
Compile-time variables:
  Default configuration file:
/home/sites/site14/programs/analog-5.1/analog.cfg
  Madatory configuration file: none
Configuration files read:
  /home/sites/site14/programs/analog-5.1/analog.cfg
  /home/sites/site14/programs/analog-5.1/analog.cfg
Warning types on: CDEFLM
Debugging types on: none
Reading cache files:
  /home/sites/site14/logs/web.cache
    Warning: cannot open that file
Reading logfiles:
  none
Uncompressing files as follows:
  *.gz by gzip -cd
  *.Z by gzip -cd
  *.gz by gzip -cd
  *.Z by gzip -cd
Analysing all dates
Including (+) and excluding (-) the following files:
  All included, then
  - /robots.tx*
  - *.zip
  - *.gif
  - *.jpg
  - /sitetech*
  - /private*
  - /mvl*
  - /dbm*
  - /newtest*
  - /about/website/nospam.html
  - /phpinfo.html
  - /redirect.html?*
  - /about/website/spamtrap*
  - /resources/cfe*
  - /resources/tfw*
  - /acrobat.html
  - /campaigning/responses/newmarket-road*
  - /contacts.html
  - /events/archive.html
  - /membership/action.html
  - /membership/facilities.html
  - /membership/joining*
  - /membership/leaflets*
  - /navigation*
  - /search.html
  - /whatsnew.html
  - /events/submissions.html
  - /template.htm*
  - /*nl*.html
  - /*nl-*.pdf
[...]
Including (+) and excluding (-) the following as pages:
  All excluded, then
  + */
  + REGEXPI:\.html?$
Including (+) and excluding (-) the following search arguments:
  All included, then
  - /*
  - /*
Including (+) and excluding (-) the following as robots:
  All excluded, then
  + REGEXPI:robot
[snip]  + Ultraseek*
Search engines as follows:
  http://*altavista.*/* arg=q
[snip]
  http://*/pursuit arg=query
Aliasing files as follows:
  /events/festival/* -> /events/bikeweek/$1
  /resources/guidance/* -> /resources/reference/$1
  /events/festival/* -> /events/bikeweek/$1
  /resources/guidance/* -> /resources/reference/$1
No LOWMEM commands in operation
DNS level is WRITE
DNS file is /home/sites/site14/programs/analog-5.1/dnsfile.txt
DNS lock file is /home/sites/site14/programs/analog-5.1/dnslock
Resolved DNS entries rechecked if older than 100000 hours
Unresolved DNS entries rechecked if older than 336 hours
Abort DNS lookups after 5 seconds
Filenames are case sensitive
DIRSUFFIX index.html
Report order is as follows:
  General Summary [ON]
    General Summary lines on: all
  Yearly Report [OFF]
  Quarterly Report [OFF]
  Monthly Report [ON]
    Columns: #requests #pages
    Maximum number of rows: unlimited
    Graphing by requests for pages
    Displaying earliest dates at top
  Weekly Report [OFF]
  Daily Report [OFF]
  Daily Summary [ON]
    Columns: #requests #pages
    Graphing by requests for pages
  Hourly Report [OFF]
  Hour of the Week Summary [OFF]
  Hourly Summary [ON]
    Columns: #requests #pages
    Graphing by requests for pages
  Quarter-Hour Report [OFF]
  Quarter-Hour Summary [OFF]
  Five-Minute Report [OFF]
  Five-Minute Summary [OFF]
  Domain Report [ON]
    Columns: #requests %bytes
    Sorting by number of bytes
    Floor is: [all items]
    Sorting sub-items by number of bytes
    Floor for sub-items is: 0.5% of the bytes
    Plotting pie chart by number of bytes
  Organisation Report [ON]
    Columns: #requests %bytes
    Sorting by number of requests
    Floor is: Top 20 items by number of requests
    Sorting sub-items by number of requests
    Floor for sub-items is: 0.5% of the requests
    Plotting pie chart by number of requests
  Host Report [OFF]
  Host Redirection Report [OFF]
  Host Failure Report [OFF]
  User Report [OFF]
  User Redirection Report [OFF]
  User Failure Report [OFF]
  Redirected Referrer Report [OFF]
  Failed Referrer Report [OFF]
  Referrer Report [OFF]
  Referring Site Report [ON]
    Columns: #requests
    Sorting by number of requests
    Floor is: Top 30 items by number of requests
    Sorting sub-items by number of requests
    Floor for sub-items is: 50 requests
    Plotting pie chart by number of requests
  Search Query Report [ON]
    Columns: #requests
    Sorting by number of requests
    Floor is: 5 requests
    Plotting pie chart by number of requests
  Search Word Report [ON]
    Columns: #requests
    Sorting by number of requests
    Floor is: Top 30 items by number of requests
    Plotting pie chart by number of requests
  Browser Report [ON]
    Columns: #requests #pages
    Sorting by number of requests for pages
    Floor is: Top 40 items by number of requests for pages
    Plotting pie chart by number of requests for pages
  Browser Summary [ON]
    Columns: number #requests #pages
    Sorting by number of requests for pages
    Floor is: Top 20 items by number of requests for pages
    Sorting sub-items by number of requests for pages
    Floor for sub-items is: Top 10 items by number of requests for pages
    Plotting pie chart by number of requests for pages
    Aliasing in the report as follows:
      Mozilla -> Netscape
      Mozilla (compatible) -> Netscape (compatible)
      IWENG -> AOL
      Mozilla -> Netscape
      Mozilla (compatible) -> Netscape (compatible)
      IWENG -> AOL
  Operating System Report [ON]
    Columns: number #requests #pages
    Sorting by number of requests for pages
    Floor is: [all items]
    Sorting sub-items by number of requests for pages
    Floor for sub-items is: [all items]
    Plotting pie chart by number of requests for pages
  Virtual Host Report [OFF]
  Virtual Host Redirection Report [OFF]
  Virtual Host Failure Report [OFF]
  Status Code Report [ON]
    Columns: #requests
    Sorting alphabetically
    Floor is: [all items]
    Plotting pie chart by number of requests
  Processing Time Report [OFF]
  File Size Report [ON]
    Columns: #requests %bytes
    Plotting pie chart by number of requests
  File Type Report [ON]
    Columns: #requests %bytes
    Sorting by number of bytes
    Floor is: 0.1% of the bytes
    Sorting sub-items by number of bytes
    Floor for sub-items is: 0.1% of the bytes
    Plotting pie chart by number of bytes
    Aliasing in the report as follows:
      .html -> .html [Hypertext Markup Language]
[snip]
      .js -> .js  [JavaScript code]
  Directory Report [ON]
    Columns: #requests %bytes
    Sorting by number of bytes
    Floor is: 0.01% of the bytes
    Sorting sub-items by number of bytes
    Floor for sub-items is: 0.01% of the bytes
    Plotting pie chart by number of bytes
  Redirection Report [OFF]
  Failure Report [OFF]
  Internal Search Query Report [OFF]
  Internal Search Word Report [OFF]
  Request Report [ON]
    Columns: #requests %bytes last-time
    Sorting by number of requests
    Floor is: 20 requests
    Sorting sub-items by number of requests
    Floor for sub-items is: 10 requests
    Plotting pie chart by number of requests
    Including (+) and excluding (-) the following links in the report:
      All excluded, then
      + pages
      + pages
Output file is /home/sites/site14/web/about/website/statistics/report.html
No cache output file
Language file is /home/sites/site14/programs/analog-5.1/lang/uk.lng
Domains file is /home/sites/site14/programs/analog-5.1/lang/ukdom.tab
Go To lines are on
Report descriptions file is
/home/sites/site14/programs/analog-5.1/lang/ukdesc.txt
Report spans are OFF
Output style is HTML
No style sheet
No header file
No footer file
Host name for title is www.camcycle.org.uk
Host name unlinked
No logo for title line
URL of image directory is images/
Using GIF images
Local location of pie chart directory is
/home/sites/site14/web/about/website/statistics/
Displaying abbreviated bytes
The character for graph plotting is: +
The thousands separator is: [from language file]
The thousands separator in tables is: [none]
The decimal point is: [from language file]
The page width is 65
The minimum graph width is 15
Weeks begin on Sunday