----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Isden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 2:37 PM
Subject: [analog-help] Local Users' Requests?

> I am a new user and have managed to get to a stage where I can get Analog
> produce various reports, including User, Monthly Summary, Daily Summary
etc.
> from our web site's logs.
>
> We also have a network with a proxy server through which all network users
> gain access to the Internet. The proxy server generates standard log files
> for each request.
>
> Because this is a network proxy server, all users are authenticated users
> and their user ID appears in each log entry.
>
> I have managed to get a User Report which shows the pie chart of total
> requests for each user.
>
> I would like to have a report which lists (say) the top 20 url's visited
by
> each authenticated user.

IMHO you're going to have to run Analog once for every user whose stats you
need, with a proper USERINCLUDE. this way you'll get one report per user,
effectively showing his/her requests (then use a FLOOR command to restrict
to the top 20 or so).
At least that's the kind of thing I'm doing here on our Intranet, where we
need stats for groups of users (I first group users together using USERALIAS
commands, and then run Analog once for each group, with USERINCLUDE
[groupname]). This can probably be done in several ways : I personnaly loop
through an Oracle table of user groups, and for each group I write
USERINCLUDE [groupname] to a text file which is called (CONFIGFILE filename)
by my report config file.

If you need more help on that feel free to contact me directly if you feel
we're getting off-topic from the list (maybe this thread could benefit
others, though).

HTH
Bruno [EMAIL PROTECTED]