On Friday 07 January 2005 05:24 pm, Stephen Turner wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > Now, you already have a
> >
> > #include <unistd.h>
> >
> > (conditionally defined), so there should be nothing wrong to support
> > time-related POSIX functions when they are available.
>
> There is no possibility that I'm going to add any more OS-dependent stuff.
> It's a complete nightmare to write and maintain.

Vincent,

what's wrong with piping your log file through a little awk sript if you're
not happy with timestamps in there and want to massage them a bit before
processing?

This way, if you want combined statistics from several mirror sites running in
different timezones on different OS/server software, *you* fix the timestamps
the way *you* want and then analog will just do its thing.

What you're proposing involves creating a portable date-analyzing AI, botling
it on top of a logfile analyzer, and praying it doesn't quietly screw up your
timestamps every time you run the analysis.

Dima
--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin