        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Jeremy Wadsack
        Sent: Fri 02/09/2005 19:04
        To: Support for analog web log analyzer
        Subject: Re: [analog-help] Analog Crawler include/exclude switch

        There is only an -exclude option, no -include. Also note that it needs a
        leading '-' otherwise the crawler thinks it is a website.

        This feature was added in the 1.06 release and I notice is not
documented.

        Try this:

        analog_crawler _http://www.fish.com/salmon_ -exclude=/pike
        -exclude=/halibut -exclude=/tuna -save -verbose

        --
        Jeremy Wadsack
        Seven Simple Machines

        Paul Richards-Training wrote:

        > Hi…
        >
        > I have downloaded and am familiarising myself with Analog Crawler…A
        > very useful programme I can see.
        >
        > However, I am having trouble telling it to crawl one directory only
        > e.g….On the imaginary site
        >
        > _http://www.fish.com_
        >
        > I would like it to crawl only _http://www.fish.com/salmon_
        >
        > So I have been using the followign command line:
        >
        > D:\ACrawler>analog_crawler _http://www.fish.com/salmon_
        > include=/salmon exclude=* -save -verbose
        >
        > The crawler is still trying to crawl everything in fish.com regardless
        > of the above…
        >
        > Anyone any thoughts…
        >
        > Best,
        > Paul Richards (London UK)