On Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:41 AM [EDT],
Sokolow, Daniel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I do NOT want a single report for all three servers; I want
individual reports for each.  These are running on our intranet, and
I access them all locally.  The .cfg file I use on the one server
already underway has LOGFILE g:\...etc. as the path to the server.

So am I correct that in order to get the separate reports for each
server, I will only need to create new *.cfg files with the new path
to the new servers?

That's correct. Your additional config files will probably also need new LOGFORMAT, OUTFILE, and *CHARTDIR commands too as well as any appropriate customizations.

 Will I then have to go back into the original
analog.cfg and manually redirect to each new *.cfg file for each
server I want reports from?  Or do I need to rename each *.cfg as
analog.cfg each time I want to run the program for that particular
server?  Is there any way to automate the process so a single run of
Analog will create four separate reports from four separate servers?

http://analog.cx/docs/faq.html#faq110
analog +gserver1.cfg
analog +gserver2.cfg
analog +gserver3.cfg
analog +gserver4.cfg

You need 4 runs, but you can tell Ananlog whic additional configfile to use on the commandline. Analog will still read analog.cfg, so common commands, such as search engines, logtimeoffsets, *IMAGEDIRs, etc can be kept in a single file, and report specific commands are kept in the others.

It may help to think in terms of reports, rather than servers. You don't need a seperate .cfg file for each server, you need one for each type of report you want to generate. In your case, you want 4 different reports (which happen to be one for each of 4 servers), so you have 4 .cfg files. But if you wanted 4 different reports from a single servers logs, you might still want 4 different .cfgs.

Aengus