On Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:45 PM [EDT],
R C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for your response Aengus.  I asked one of my coworkers and he
says we are still using IIS 5.0, and I am using Analog 5.21.

What is considered a "big" logfile?

I can process a gigabyte logfile in under a minute on my desktop. So gigabyte sized logfiles could time out, especially if the server is already moderately busy doing other work. But logfiles upto hundreds of megabytes shouldn't time out on moderate hardware.

Anlgform.pl has worked fine for people on IIS5. The obvious questions for troubleshooting anlgform are - do other perl scripts work okay? Does it work with a small logfile? Can you tell from CPU utilization if Analog is even running (Analog will try to use all avaiabe CPU, so if it runs, you should be able to tell by monitoring CPU utilisation). And what do the server logs say (the event og and the IIS web log - what status code does the request return?).

Aengus

From: "Aengus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<analog-help@lists.meer.net> To: "Support for analog web log
analyzer" <analog-help@lists.meer.net> Subject: Re: [analog-help]
Analog not working with webpage Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:07:41 -0400

On Wednesday, July 19, 2006 5:12 PM [EDT],
R C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The problem I'm having is that when I run the analog script from my
webpage with the search options, it either takes so long that it
displays "Page not found" with analog.pl being the page its on, or
it has a blank page with the page still being the original stats
page that I submitted.  Any ideas as to what's wrong with my
instance of analog?

Unless you have very large logfiles, the only thing that normally
causes Analog to run slowly is DNS lookups. But DNS lookups are
effectively disabled in the form interface, so it's unlikely that
that's the problem. You don't mention what web server you are running, but there were a
number of reports of difficulties running the form interface on IIS6
last year, and there was ony one report of someone successfully
tweaking the .pl script to get consistent output -
http://lists.meer.net/pipermail/analog-help/2005-July/018575.html. I
don't recall anyone following up on that report.

Aengus

 Usenet version: news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.analog.general
 Usenet version: news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.analog.general