On Monday, July 24, 2006 7:48 AM [EDT],
Grace Sheu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I trided the first step that you suggested. I uses ROBOTINCLUDE list
to include more robots and re-ran one of my log. I thought I should
see more "Known robots" numbers and less "OS unknown" number, but
suprisedly in opposite; please see the following datas for details.
Can you explain this?

Not off hand. Unless you had a ROBOTINCLUDE for a local search engine that you didn't include with the new list. It does seem odd that the your original Robot count included so many requests rather than pages - robots don't usually request images, so the pages count for robots is usually much higher than the request count. In the full Browser Report (rather than the Browser Summary) is there one browser that made just 2855 requests?

To understand more about what is going on, you may need to use the BROWEXCLUDE command, rather than the BROWREPEXCLUDE command. This will allow you to totally exclude the requests from known browsers from all the reports, so that you can use the Request Report to see what files are being requested by the "OS Unknown" browsers, and you can use the Host report to see where the requests are coming from.

Aengus