On Wednesday, August 09, 2006 2:06 PM [EDT],
Jeff Wilkinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

2 related questions, though more on run
efficiency:

1) The analog help mentioned that it doesn't
read/use the error logs.  If those logs are
in the same folder as the regular access logs,
do I need to mod my LOGFILES string to ignore
them or does analog know to ignore them some
other way?

If you say LOGFILE *.log and your error logs are called error.log, then Analog will attempt to read error.log, because that's what the LOGFILE statement told it to do.

I am getting some warnings of possible overlap,
so I'm guessing that means analog is trying to
use them.  Is that a problem?

analog: Warning L: logfiles ..\logs\access_logs200627week and
 ..\logs\error_logs200627week overlap: possible double counting

It depends on the format of the error logs. Analog may be able to read the date from the error logs, but it may not be able to read a filename or other information.

The simplest way to find out how big a problem it might be is to tell Analog to analyse just an error log. If it generates a report with significant data in it you might have a problem.

2) When running analog, some of the reports
are turned off by analog because they are
empty (no data, like referer, etc).
Is it more efficient to make sure they are
turned off in the cfg file or doesn't that
make any real difference?

It doesn't make any real difference.

Aengus