On Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:02 AM [EDT],
Jeanne Ilchuk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Because I run a report every month and it's linked on a web site as a
monthly report.  At the end of the month, it's called (ie)
20070731.html and 20070731.png.  I have a huge shell script that runs
the report, gunzips the access*logs* and the LOGFILE I create.  I use
a perl script to get names into the user field in the log file. Everything was working but I had to manually change user.png to
date.png inside the date.html file.

If it's not broke, you don't need to fix it, but it sounds like you're doing a bunch of work that you don't need to do. Unless you need the usernames in the logfile for some other purpose, you could just use a list of USERALIAS commands, and then you wouldn't need to unzip the logs either, because Analog can handle compressed logfiles.

I'm still not entirely sure that I understand what you were trying to do - I would have thought that LOCALCHARTDIR would have sufficed. It's main purpose is to allow you to add a prefix to the .png files, so that you can have multiple reports, but uniquely label the associated charts.

Aengus