linda x <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Agenus,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I have another question, Hope this is the last
> one. In my Host Report part, I have all the IPs listed, from which my
> web site is accesses. I would like to use DNS name instead of IPs. Do
> you know how to do that?

If the number of hosts is fairly small (up to a few hundred), you can
just add these two lines to you analog.cfg file:

DNSFILE dnscache
DNS WRITE

If you have any more than that, then you should use one of the DNS
helper apps to generate the DNS cache file first. (Analog on its own can
take 5-10 seconds per host to DNS lookups. A logfile with 100 addresses
that takes a second or two to analyse with DNS off might take 3 or 4
minutes with Analog doing DNS lookups. A good "DNS helpder" can probably
generate the DNS cache file in a couple of seconds).

http://analog.cx/docs/dns.html

http://www.analog.cx/helpers/#dns

Aengus