Am 15.10.2007 um 12:31 schrieb Rajamanickam S.:

Hi all

I would like to raise this issue again but progressed a bit with a different approach. The problem that IE opens 'Unknown file type' dialog box to save/open the executed .pl file is (may be) because of the apache server returns with application/xhtml+xml content- type header.

This has nothing to do with Analog. You should post to an Apache list. However, if I understand things correctly you shouldn't be using the rewrite module at all as you only need to set the mime type correctly to text/plain. The bigger question is why do you want .pl to display in the browser? Perl files are usually executable and handle their own headers.

Good luck!

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark