On Wednesday, October 24, 2007 7:18 PM [EDT],
Jeremy Wadsack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You can't make this change in anlgform.pl - it's encoded into analog
under the 'CGI' behavior. In fact, all anlgform.pl does is put a
protective wrapper around Analog (as well as the form parsing) for CGI
use.

Also, to clarify Aengus's statement, I don't believe that adding a
Content-type header output in anlgform.pl will help as Analog will
still output it's own and I'm pretty certain that if more than one of
the same header is read, browsers generally take the last one.

You'll have to hack to source code to change this, or get into the web
server and override it. I can't recall for certain, but IIS may have
some ability to override headers from CGI's.

The Content-type: header is generated by outxhtml.c (or outhtml.c or outplain.c, etc) , and it only generates it if Analog is called with CGI ON. If you modify anlgform.pl so that it doesn't set CGI ON, then analog will generate the output without the header. You can then generate the header in anlgform.pl. CGI ON mode also does some other important stuff though - it assumes that parameters entered through a web form are untrusted, and escapes some characters before using them, so this is an unsafe way to tackle the problem.

Overriding the header at the server level isn't really a satisfactory solution either - unless you have a module that is smart enough to only over-ride it for IE browsers. IIS definitely provides support for filters that can do that sort of thing, but it's beyond my abilities, though it's a generic enough problem that someone might have written such a filter already.

Aengus