Thank you for your reply. As I said, I am a programming/coding klutz.

So your reply, which is no doubt very helpful if I could understand it,
means nothing much to me.

Where is stdin, how do I read from it and how do I do a filter?
How would I use a filter (what would that look like?) "as a preprocessor"?

I'm afraid that I am 'drowning' in this strange talk and need a very large and buoyant life-jacket to help me keep afloat and navigate through this verbage. Sigh.

Sorry.

JW

Klaus Johannes Rusch wrote:
janet ward wrote:
I want to exclude a part of the day from my day calculations (this seems
to be the only way to remove a unidentifiable robot that went through
during the time to be excluded).

I want to exclude from 11:45 to 11:51.

The FROM and TO parameters appear only to allow me to exclude *before*
11:45 and *after* 11:51, whereas I want to exclude *after* 11:45 and
*before* 11:51.
The only solution I can think of without modifying the code is filtering the requests before analog processes the log file, either by reading from stdin and filtering using grep, or by using a filter as a preprocessor.

cat log | grep -v -f file-with-date-time-patterns-to-exclude | analog ...